Top Guide Flies with Ian Troup.
Ian gives easy-fly tying information on his favourite flies and tips on how to fish them.
This was recorded on a club Zoom call and the quality of the video is consistent with the band width restrictions.
Here is Part One of the two part series.
For your convenience here is a timeline synopsis of the video.
- 5:00 Zebra Midge variant.
- 10:00 Euro-nymphing technique.
- 20:00 Euro Hare’s Ear Bead Head nymph.
- 22:56 Walt’s Worm.
- 33:47 Pheasant Tail Nymph.
- 22 F Caddis.
- 42:32 CDC Mayfly.
- 45:52 Spanish Mayfly.
- 50:53 Baron Roho.
- 51:45 Coffee Bean Fly.
- 53:45 Championship Caddis.
and below is Ian Troup Guide Flies. Part 2
- 0:26 Thundercreek minnow
- 1:10 Sparkle Minnow Streamer
- Casting a streamer
- Fly selection
- 10:25 Simple Midge pattern
- 14:10 Use a Mayfly Spinner first thing in the morning
- 16:40 Drone Stonefly
- 23:21 How to keep the dry fly floating
- 25:00 Greasing the leader
- 26:00 Picking the fly off the water
- 29:00 Co-polymer is better for dry fly fishing
- 30:00 Fly presentation skills
- 36:45 Balancing rod with reel
- 39:30 Steelhead fly choices
- 44:10 Constructing a loop dropper rig
- 45:48 The Davy Knot